- Department of Physics
- Florida State University
- 315 Keen Building
- Tallahassee, FL 32306-4350
- Phone: (850) 644-4040
- Fax: (850) 644-9848
- E-mail: email@example.com
- BS: University of Oxford, Merton College, 1978
- PhD: University of Oxford, 1982
- Employment History:
- 1982-85: Postdoctoral Fellow, Rutgers University, NJ
- 1983-86: Research Visitor, AT&T Bell Labs, Murray Hill, NJ
- 1986-2014: Staff Physicist, Dept. of Physics, Florida State University
- 2014-present: Research Professor, Dept. of Physics, Florida State University
- 2005 Fellow of the American Physical Society
- 2005 NIST Precision Measurement Award
- 2010 University Distinguished Scholar
- Personal Data:
- Born: Jan, 24, 1958
- Family: Married to Lisa J. Moree
Experimental atomic physics, precision measurement
and determination of fundamental constants,
high-precision atomic mass measurement using
Penning ion traps, lasers and optics, ion sources and accelerators.
- Some Recent Publications:
- "Atomic masses of strontium and ytterbium", R. Rana, M. Hoecker, and Edmund G. Myers, Phys. Rev. A 86, 0505026(R)(2012).
- "Dipole moments of HCO+ and NH+ from cyclotron frequency polarizability shifts", B.J. Mount, M. Redshaw, and E.G. Myers, Phys. Rev. A 85, 012519 (2012).
- "Not your usual NMR", E.G. Myers, Physics 4, 49 (2011) - Viewpoint on Ulmer et al, Phys. Rev.Lett. 106, 253001 (2011).
- "Atomic masses of 6Li, 23Na, 39,41K, 85,87Rb, and 133Cs", B.J. Mount, M. Redshaw, and E.G. Myers, Phys. Rev. A 82, 042513 (2010).
- "Mass of 17O from Penning trap mass spectrometry and molecular spectroscopy:
A precision test of the Dunham-Watson model in carbon monoxide", B.J. Mount, H.S.P. Mueller, M. Redshaw, and E.G. Myers, Phys. Rev. A 81, 064501 (2010).
- "Double-beta-decay Q-values of 74Se and 76Ge", B.J. Mount, M. Redshaw and E.G. Myers, Phys. Rev. C 81, 032501(R) (2010).
- "Q-value of 115In → 115Sn(3/2+): The lowest known energy beta-decay", B.J. Mount, M. Redshaw, and E.G. Myers, Phys. Rev. Lett. 103, 122502 (2009).
- "Masses of 130Te and 130Xe and double-beta-decay Q value of 130Te", M. Redshaw, B.J. Mount, E.G. Myers, and F.T. Avignone, Phys. Rev. Lett. 102, 212502 (2009).
- "Improved measurement of the 1s2s 1S0 - 1s2p 3P1 interval in heliumlike silicon", T.R. DeVore, D.N. Crosby, and E.G. Myers, Phys. Rev. Lett. 100, 243001 (2008).
- "Mass and double-beta decay Q-value of 136Xe", M. Redshaw, E. Wingfield, J. McDaniel, and E.G. Myers, Phys. Rev. Lett. 98, 053003 (2007).